Practical Insight into the Finnish Phenomenon in Education
May 7th–10th 2019
This Eduvisit programme contains opportunities to meet with Finnish education experts, authorities, and local schools. You will learn about the Finnish Education framework and have an opportunity to observe how the educational theory works in practice in Finnish classrooms within the Helsinki metropolitan area. The aim of the Eduvisit is to explore the Finnish educational system, teacher education system, and evaluation of education. You will also learn about Finnish educational philosophy and methodological practices in the education of primary and lower and upper secondary schools as well as in early childhood education.
The programme is targeted for everyone interested in learning about the Finnish educational system. It is recommended especially for:
The content will be carried out in lectures, discussions, and school visits. The visits will be escorted by a staff member of University of Helsinki Centre for Continuing Education HY+ Ltd.
- Welcoming words and presenting the University of Helsinki and Centre for Continuing Education HY+
- Presentation of the participants – who are you, where are you from
- Presentation on Education system and Teacher Education in Finland
- Presentation on Finnish Curriculum reform and assessment and evaluation
- Dinner together in the evening
- Visit to a comprehensive school (grades 1–9) and a upper secondary school (grades 10–12) in the Helsinki metropolitan area
- Presentation on Early Childhood Education in Finland
- Visit to a vocational school in the Helsinki metropolitan area
- Presentation/workshop – Tools for developing Working skills and Entrepreneurship Education from Primary school to higher education
- Helsinki City Sightseeing
- Visit to a Day Care Centre: pre-primary education and transition from pre-school to school
- Reflection and discussions
Diploma in Artificial Intelligence
December 2019 – May 2020
Harness the potential of artificial intelligence! Artificial Intelligence brings rapid changes to all sectors of society and to succeed in the competition organizations and individuals need new technological skills and a clear understanding of the big picture. Diploma in Artificial Intelligence gives you in-depth understanding of the topic and helps you to understand and apply contemporary AI technologies. The programme utilizes the experts in the field.
The Diploma in Artificial Intelligence programme is targeted for business and technology developers who need both practical skills and in-depth understanding in utilizing AI technologies. It is recommended especially for:
- Product Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Deployment Managers
- Software Architects.
The programme is a joint effort of Aalto PRO, University of Helsinki Centre for Continuing Education HY+ and Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence FCAI. It will be held in Helsinki, Finland at the Aalto University Executive Education and University of Helsinki premises.
More information about the programme coming soon.