The University of Helsinki Centre for Continuing Education HY+ is part of the Finland Pavilion with the Education Finland cluster during the Dubai World Expo. The Expo is organised from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
HY+ offers services for the educational sector based on the expertise of the University of Helsinki; the oldest, largest, and highest-ranked university in Finland. We have an extensive, evidence-based track record in providing sustainable and scalable education solutions, from reform projects to short trainings for governments, institutions, and individuals. We are transforming education with the best academic experts in the world. Learn more about HY+.
If you have any questions about the services offered by HY+, please don’t hesitate to contact our Senior Transnational Education Advisor Minna Saadé:
+358 50 311 5814
Optimising Education Systems
Education is key to positive societal change, and even the most well-functioning education systems are regularly reformed. We evaluate, design and execute reforms based on pedagogical research from Finland.
Fully Localised Services Designed for Your System’s Needs
- For countries, governments, institutions and organisations
- Evaluating current performance and impact of your system
- Designing and executing reform projects from early childhood to tertiary education
- Localisation, sustainability, and scalability
- Experts and the latest pedagogical research from the University of Helsinki
We Offer Complete Optimisation of Your Education System
- Baseline consultancy: system evaluation and assessment
- Quality assurance and quality management
- Educational leadership and teacher training
- Curriculum development
- Learning environments and materials development
Professional Competence Development
Education professionals must maintain their competencies, even in the most developed education systems in the world. We offer localised, intense, and long-term training programmes based on latest pedagogical practices.
Competence Development for Teachers and Other Education Professionals
- For professionals in school districts and schools
- Leadership development, capacity building, in-service training, and peer-to-peer support
- Localised intense and long-term training programmes face-to-face and online
- Supporting professional growth and understanding of change
- Latest cutting-edge pedagogical research and practices from the University of Helsinki
Example Topics in the Professional Competence Development Programmes
- Educational leadership and school culture development
- Teacher education: early childhood, K-12, tertiary education
- Teaching methods (e.g. student engagement, high-impact learning, blended learning, teaching STEM subjects)
- Curriculum implementation (e.g. future skills, phenomenal learning)
- Evaluation and assessment
Do you want to learn about the Finnish education system and get ideas to develop your school? Eduvisits offer insights into the Finnish education system and expertise, and opportunities to visit schools in Finland. Learn more about the Eduvisit.
Experience the Finnish Education System in Helsinki, Finland
- Get an introduction to the Finnish education system and ideas on how to develop your school
- Visit Finnish schools and experience the world-renowned school system in action
- Meet academic experts at the internationally esteemed University of Helsinki
- Visit the Finnish National Agency for Education
- Learn about the latest educational research and practices from Finland
For Who Is the Eduvisit Designed for?
- For education professionalsinterested in the Finnish education system
- For people wanting to learn to apply Finnish innovative methods in their local context
- The visitcan focus on specific themes based on your group’s interests
- Customised visits for groups of 10 people or more, and a standard programme for individuals twice a year
- New: Virtual Eduvisit
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about the services offered by the University of Helsinki Centre for Continuing Education HY+, please don’t hesitate to contact our International Business Development Manager Minna Saadé:
+358 50 311 5814
What is HY+?
HY+ is a fully-owned company of the internationally esteemed University of Helsinki, the oldest, largest, and highest-ranked higher education institution in Finland. We provide continuing education and development services both in Finland and abroad. Learn more about HY+.